Vet Community is an online forum which can be accessed by veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses, practice managers and those working in the veterinary community.
Current news and opinions as well as articles produced by experts in their respective fields are presented to subscribers in their chosen subject areas. Information can also be searched for via subject or author fields.
All subscribers need to register before they are able to access Vet Community content.
Subscribers can submit comments, views and articles for posting in the chatter area through the Vet Community editor.
Vet Community content is monitored.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Vision Media permits you to access and use the Vet Community website – www.vetcommunity.com – subject to the terms and conditions below, and all applicable laws and regulations.
This is a legal agreement between you, the end user, and Vision Media. 'You' or 'User' means the person specified as the user in the registration form for Vet Community or the person visiting the site. 'You' may also represent an individual, practice or company.
Vision Media is a department of Central Veterinary Services Ltd. 'We' or 'Us' may refer to Vision Media, AT Veterinary Systems Ltd and/or Central Veterinary Services Ltd. Vet Community the website refers specifically to the site www.vetcommunity.com
By using Vet Community you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, you should contact Vision Media immediately to cancel your user account.
If we change these terms and conditions, we will post the revisions clearly on our website. If you use our website, you are agreeing to accept these changes.
The terms and conditions here apply to all users of this website, whatever the device and platform you use to access it, and are subject to the laws of England and Wales. All legal disputes will be resolved according to these laws. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable the remainder of the agreement shall continue with the remaining parts still enforceable.
Username and Password
You may apply to Vet Community for allocation of a username and password, or you may complete your personal details online to receive this information.
As this is a site for veterinary professionals we may ask you for information to verify your identity and we have discretion as to whether to grant your request for access to the site. By applying, you agree to these terms and conditions.
You are responsible for all use of the services provided by Vet Community under your username and password.
You are responsible for protecting and securing your password from unauthorised use. If you believe there has been a breach of security of your password, you should notify Vision Media immediately. You must not disclose your password to any third party to allow them to gain access to the registered service.
All of the services on this website are available free of charge. Vision Media will notify you in all cases if any service becomes chargeable and will give you the opportunity to choose to pay the fee for such a service or to cancel your account.
The User Agreement allows only one user per registration. It is strictly forbidden for your account details to be used by another person or to allow them into the Vet Community site. Vision Media has the ability to monitor access to this site and reserves the right to cancel, without warning, any User abusing this agreement.
Vision Media has made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and reliable at the time of its publication. However, neither Vision Media, nor any of the companies concerned, can accept responsibility or liability whatsoever for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
Information may be changed or updated without notice. The information contained herein is provided "as is" and "as available" without any express and/or implied representations or warranties of any kind.
Vision Media reserves the right to add, delete, change or modify the content and/or services associated with Vet Community at any time, without notice, but does not assume any responsibility to update it.
The User acknowledges that the information, software or other materials accessible over the Internet via Vet Community's services may contain viruses, worms, trojan horses, cancelbots or other harmful and destructive components.
Vision Media will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs or data due to your use of Vet Community.
By accessing or adding to information provided on this website, each user waives and releases Vision Media, to the full extent permitted by law, from any and all claims related to the use of the subject information. In no event shall Vision Media be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of the subject information. Vision Media disclaims any liability to any third party anywhere in the world for any injury, special damage, direct or indirect loss, consequential or economic loss or any other loss and/or damage of any kind or type whatsoever suffered as a result of the use or reliance upon the information contained in this website to the maximum extent permitted by law.
No Liability for Consequential Damages
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Vision Media or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of, or inability to use this Vision Media product, even if Vision Media has been advised to the possibility of such damages.
While we will do our best to ensure the website is available 24 hours a day we will not be liable if Vet Community is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access may be temporarily suspended without notice in the case of system failure, urgent maintenance or repair, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Any information that is provided containing commentary on veterinary issues, student materials and/or CPD articles should not be taken as a guarantee of accuracy. It is therefore the User's full responsibility and liability to ensure that all information on which they base any decisions or to which they use for any official training assessment should be fully researched to their own personal satisfaction.
While Vision Media has made every attempt to ensure that the information on this website is accurate, it should be used for guidance and educational purposes only, it is not intended to replace discussions with a veterinarian or other qualified animal health professional. Each case or situation is unique and users are advised that definitive advice can only be provided by the appropriate professionals. This applies to trainee and qualified veterinary nurses practising veterinary medicine, as well as members of the public. Vision Media accepts no liability or consequential damages for any death or injury arising from the use of information, data or services provided by the Vet Community website.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
In addition to locally mounted information, hyperlinks are provided to external websites and/or information sources as a service to our users. The appearance of external hyperlinks shall not be taken as implying any endorsement of, or connection between, Vision Media and the linked external information sources. These external information sources are outside Vision Media's control. It is the responsibility of the User to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability and/or correctness of the information contained therein.
The appearance of external hyperlinks also does not constitute an endorsement by Vision Media of the linked websites or the information, products or services contained therein, nor does Vision Media exercise any editorial control over the information which a user may find at these locations.
5. OTHER RESTRICTIONS
You may not rent or lease Vet Community, and you may not transfer the website and accompanying written materials on a permanent basis to another end user. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble Vet Community.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website, the server on which the website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the website. You must not attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. You must not misuse Vet Community by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
Vet Community may report any unauthorised access in contravention of the above to relevant law enforcement agencies and will co-operate with any subsequent investigation by disclosing any information required, including details that may relate to your identity. Your right to use Vet Community may be ceased immediately.
The costs of transmitting content to, or downloading content from, the website remains your responsibility.
6. FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS
Any information sent to Vision Media in connection with any Vision Media, Central Veterinary Services Ltd or AT Veterinary Systems Ltd website shall be deemed to be provided on a non-confidential basis. Vision Media shall be free to use, reproduce, disclose, display and distribute such information on an unrestricted basis.
7. TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHT
All trademarks are acknowledged. The names, images and logos identifying the website, Vision Media and third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks. The content, design and data on this website are protected by UK and international copyright laws.
We respect your privacy and will not sell or make available in any way your personal information except where you have specifically asked us to.
The nature of the services provided by Vision Media means that we may obtain certain information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your data. By registering to use the services, and by using Vet Community generally, you agree to this use.
When you register and use Vet Community you will be required to provide certain data, such as your contact details, employment status and demographic information.
By registering with Vet Community you agree to receive information from Vision Media and associated companies under AT Veterinary Systems Ltd and Central Veterinary Services Ltd, unless you specify that you do not wish for us to contact you.
We may also use the data you provide us in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles. For the avoidance of doubt, Vision Media does not pass data to any third parties except in the following circumstances;
to enable you to gain access to the restricted parts of certain Service Providers' Information
to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post (we will disclose your address)
to enable you to receive a pay service
If you can be identified from the information to be passed, then we will not forward such information without having notified you first and obtained your permission.
Vet Community may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures, or for their content.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of working online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default. We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from third parties. You have the right to receive details about the personal information Vision Media has stored on you. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold is incorrect, please contact us.
Please refer to the site for these details.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
1. As a contributor to our Vet Community website you are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of what you say in your responses. By submitting your contribution you grant Vet Community/Vision Media a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute the work. This may include use in other Vision Media publications and online. If you do not wish to grant the rights set out above please do not submit your contribution.
2. You may only use the Community to post comments, messages and materials that are proper and appropriate to the Community. By submitting a contribution to the site you warrant that it is your own original work and that it is in line with our terms and conditions.
3. You agree not to contribute any material that is threatening, defamatory, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, pornographic, obscene or otherwise illegal.
4. You also agree not to contribute material that is discriminatory against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender or any material that is in breach of any other person's intellectual property rights.
5. You must not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or offer contests or chain letters.
6. You must not upload files that contain software or other material, protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of confidentiality or privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
7. You must not upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of Vet Community's, or any other party's, computer.
8. You must not delete any contributor attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded. Vision Media reserve the right to edit material submitted.
9. You undertake not to send, distribute or engage in multiple unsolicited e-mails or messages (i.e. 'spams', 'flooding' or 'spamming' style activities).
10. You undertake not to set up any links from the website to any other website or approach any other users of the site or service to join or become members of any other commercial online or offline service or organisation, without the prior permission of the editors of Vet Community.
11. Material submitted by you may be published in any publication or website produced by Vision Media.
12. You must not impersonate any other user of Vet Community or do anything to assist an unregistered user to gain access to Vet Community.
13. If you believe you have been defamed by another user on the Vet Community site you should inform us.
1. Vet Community/Vision Media shall be entitled at any time, at its absolute and exclusive discretion, to delete, remove or suspend the whole or any part of any community, response or information posted by any user without incurring any liability.
2. In addition, Vet Community/Vision Media shall be entitled at any time, at its absolute and exclusive discretion, to restrict, suspend or cancel the access of any contributor or contributors to the community without notice and without incurring any liability.
3. Vet Community/Vision Media does not enter into correspondence about (a) why it has taken down a response or (b) why it has restricted, suspended or cancelled the access of any contributor to the community.
4. The opinions of the contributors to Vet Community do not represent any advice or opinions of Vet Community/Vision Media. Any recommendation or other information within the Community is followed by you at your own risk and Vet Community does not warrant the accuracy of the information posted in any respect.